This morning I submitted my UNISA assignment, because it is due today and I have only just started doing the assignment this week.
*** Need to become more disciplined! This is my future. This is what I want to do.***
Personal Pep-talk over.
So, while I was on the UNISA website, I took a look at a couple of other things, namely:
- My academic records (they make me feel like I am getting somewhere)
- My exam dates, so that I can get some perspective and a cracker up my bum!
Interestingly enough, I noticed that my examination center or venue had changed. Furthermore and strangely enough, I hadn’t changed it. Should I say, I didn’t mean to change it! But before jumping to conclusions I thought I’d phone them up and double-check the details in front of me.
Would you know that my examination center has been changed, without me knowing about it. To make things worse, the call-center staff advised that this is a new examination center, but none of the details (LIKE AN ADDRESS) has been loaded on their system.
Naturally I would be furious, if I only found out about this one the day of the exam. But considering that the exams are in Oct/ Nov and we are only in August, I am fine. Better yet, I think I may prefer the Heartfelt Area (close to the Voortrekker Monument) to the Pretoria Show Grounds!
If you are a student, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOUR EXAMINATION CENTER HASN’T CHANGED!
So having a boyfriend has meant there has been quite a lot of changes in my life. I find myself doing things very differently because time and the value of time has changed a lot:
- My best friend has started complaining because I don’t blog or tweet enough now. I should rather say she phones me to tell me she is disappointed in me, for not posting a blog post.
- Lack of time invested in completing assignments and studying! I should mention that my boyfriend is completely committed to making sure I complete my assignments on time and in good form. And he has advised me, that I will need to start a strict study schedule after the Easter weekend!
- Time spend socialising with only my female friend. We still visit. We still speak on the phone – it just now feels different, it feels like I am neglecting them a bit. I know it isn’t a case of me not knowing what is going on in their lives.
- In the past I would lay on the couch feeling lazy, I know find myself getting home and being productive, doing the householdy things I would normally only do in the middle of the night because it has to get done. (vacuuming in at 11pm, my poor neighbours!!)
- I’m doing a lot less impulsive things, I now say things like: “Let me just see what Kobus and I have planned for the day”
- I plan!!! We have a shared google calendar! This makes planning so much easier!
I’m having so much fun! I’m sure things will settle shortly, studying is a big concern at the moment, as Laura reminded me, exams start in just over a month. I think for right now however I will just enjoy the long weekend that lies ahead!