Last week Friday Logan had his little Grade R party at the school. I have to admit I was very excited and normally this mean my expectation won’t be met and the whole experience will be kind of mediocre. So imagine my surprise when I walked out of the school grounds an hour and a half later and I am positively bouncing up and down with sheer pleasure!
Lets start at the very beginning.
- We were given VIP parking, I kid you not, in the school grounds, under cover, with a security guard.
- As soon as we got out of the car there was a pupil who greeted us and offered to escort us to the uniform shop, the school hall and or the meeting place for the Grade Rs
- We started at the staff room where we purchased and ordered some Grade R t-shirts.
- Here we were given a stationary pack – for free! (no one said anything about his stationary being included) How awesome!
- Logan was greeted by his teachers and entertained while Kobus and I made our way to the cooler school hall
- The event started at exactly the time it was said to start
- Instead of telling us all kinds of obituary things, like the importance of marking school stationary and clothing items. The teachers showed an enormous amount of respect to each other and to their profession. They showed us, in more than just words that their intentions are to set an amazing foundation for our kids’ education.
It isn’t often that one feel 100% confident in the choices you make. But I can honestly say I know that I know that this is where Logan is meant to be next year and I cannot wait for him to thrive!
P.S. As much as I love that the stationary pack was included (and am thankful) I am a bit bummed that I don’t get to go to the shops and purchase the stationary from a long list. The awe of walking through rows and rows of stationary along with the frustration of not finding the right thing according to what is specified on the paper. That to me marks the start of big school!